Thursday 11 December 2008

German Expressionism






Some work I enjoyed from the German Expressionism kind of sneaked into my rhytham work accidentally and decided to look at it more closely and found out many interesting things. Especially about the film The Cabinet of Dr caligari and how they design the sets to reflect the mind set of the characters in the film. Although I only wanted to use the sharp jagged style of the film sets as the use of the angles just gave something to my layout and gave it better composition when the angles were placed well. I also looked at the architecture and style in Fritz Langs metropolis sharp jagged style was used to amazing effect creating a futuristic style city although not super realistic it has an amazing style about it which i inspired my own work




metropolis My own work


No comments: